My Current Skin Care Must Haves.



Skin care is something I am always happy to talk about. I mean, of course, our generation is so into make-up, contouring and whatever but for a nice makeup you need an healthy skin! 

I have to admit that I am pretty lucky with my face skin, thanks god for that! Until now, I've never had any big skin problems and never used any special treatments for acne. I am convinced that what you eat is reflected on your skin and I most of the time eat kind of healthy. Of course, I also indulge myself a Mcdonald's every sunday (yes, once a week... it's a family tradition^^) and also some pizza from time to time. But everyday of the week, my lunch is composed with mostly vegetables. Nothing better for your skin and it has been proven! I also make super often my own fresh juice, with carrot, ginger, pineapple, apple, orange, grapes and whatever I have in my fridge. It's all about a concentrate of vitamins!

But I know that sometimes, eating good is one thing but you also have to give to your skin the hydration it needs. I realised a few years ago that investing in a good skin care which is suitable to your skin is super important. I will never say that the most expensive cream is the best but I know that I am super picky with the smell and the texture of the products. Why? for example, I hate when the cream is to heavy. I like to put my day cream and straight after start my makeup! that's the reason why I used to only put gel cream for the day. It is way lighter but depending on the season it isn't enough hydration for my skin.

I recently changed a little my beauty routine. After the winter season, my skin was dryer than before. I am right now using some products of the the EDELEIS range from Chlorys, the IBUKI range from Shiseido and Bobbi Brown. I am also using some other products like the Micellar Lotion from Avène in alternance with my Chlorys tonic lotion. 


Let me share my current skin care must haves.



Finally a cream that I like, as I said I was only into gel cream before.The fragrance is super fresh (thanks to the Alpenrose), so hydrating and super comfortable. I can start my makeup straight after as the cream get into the skin super fast! Highly suggested, you will LOVE it! This product is from 25 years old recommended as it also acts on the first sight of ageing. To be honest, it is super freaky for me to think about wrinkles now... but I mean, I am 26! It's better to prevent right now!


Cleaning my skin after makeup is very important for me. I put makeup and fondation everyday on my skin. After removing my makeup and washing with water, I have always this feeling that my skin isn't clean enough and that I still have makeup on it. So, I always use a tonic lotion before starting my moisturising routine. I love this one from Chlorys as it is a super smooth emulsion which don't give you this tighten sensation on your face. 


My favorite product ever! Before reading that, you need to get your own pot! I am a huge fan of shiseido products since forever and this sleeping mask is pure heaven! So, this is an over-night leave-on mask (I don't like when I have to wait 15 minutes and having to taking off...)! This is not greassy and not sticky at all which is something super important for me as I honestly hate this feeling at night! Inside, you have vitamin capsules (E and C) which will make your skin appearing radiant and super bright in the morning! I especially love the fragrance of it - you definitely need this mask at home, trust me!!


My last discovery from shiseido which has been tested and validate! As you may have understand on the blog, I've been traveling and having some super long day recently. I always need my makeup to be radiant and fresh like it has been done 10 min ago. Before, I used go for a little "makeup refresh" session 1 or 2 times a day and especially for my complexion. Since a few weeks, I've been spraying my face with this quick fix mist every time I was feeling my skin getting shiny. This is exactly the refresh needed which will also re-hydrate and help your makeup to stay longer. I have this product everywhere I go, it is small and can get into any of my bags which is better than carrying all my makeup for a refresh! 


The radiance boost mask is actually an exfoliating mask. I use it approximatively once a week under the shower and leave it for 2-4 min while shampoing my hair. I've been using this product for almost 6 month now and I've been seeing my skin getting softener month after month. I like it because first, I don't have to wait too long (I know, I have no patience) and and second, you can feel your skin soft and fresh directly!



I hope this article was interesting and can help you guys! I know that we don't have all the same needs for our skin but this is what I actually use. So, If you have a skin like me which get dry during winter but also can be shiny during summer and don't have any acne problems, you may LOVE those products as  much as me!


Photography by Ken Moos at the W Hotel in Verbier






No comments :

Post a Comment